- Alton Brown born (1962)
Dying Man Gives $500 Tips to Waiters and More News
Recipe of the day
- Skipping Breakfast Puts Diabetics at Risk, New Study Says
- What Is It Like to Be Allergic to All Food? 1 Unlucky Teen Offers a Glimpse Into His Life
- Google Will Now Tell You How Busy Restaurants and Stores Are So You Can Avoid Long Lines
- 10 Ways You’re Wasting Money at the Supermarket
- Why Is Pig Meat Called ‘Pork’?
The Daily Meal's Media Mix brings you the biggest news around the food world.
Man's Dying Wish Gives Big Bucks to Waiters: One man's dying wish was to leave a $500 tip for his favorite server; now, his actions have inspired a charity. [The Seattle Times]
Racy Water Bottle Ads: New ads from Watta Pure Water's feature some scandalous, paparazzi-style photos — that are making consumers furious. [Huffington Post]
Fashionistas Take on Food Trucks: Why should foodies get all the fun, anyway? [Washington Post]
New Website Lets Farmers Sell to Chefs: Called Farmersweb, the new venture takes out the middle man and lets farmers sell directly to shops. [Businessweek]
Virginia Governor Toasts State's Wine Country: Governor Bob McDonnell will be at the San Francisco International Wine Competition, where Virginia won 24 medals. [Washington Post]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts