- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Vancouver Hits Pot Pie
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Valley Isle Excursions Provides a Luxurious, Leisurely Journey to Hana on Maui
- Is This the Craziest Thing Someone Has Done for Free Food?
- This Drunk Guy Accidentally Bought More Than $500 Worth of Pizza for Strangers
- What’s It Like to Fly on Qatar Airways Business Class? Hint: It’s the Lap of Luxury
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
Most people are happy with putting some pepperoni or mushrooms on top of their pizza, but Vancouver’s Mega iLL restaurant has invented a pizza for the medicinal marijuana crowd: marijuana-infused pizza.
Owners Rocky Tolfree and Mark Klokeid invented the unusual pie for medical marijuana users, according to Fox. Both Tolfree and Klokeid are cancer survivors and use medical marijuana on a daily basis. The pizza-makers basically bake the pizza with THC-infused olive oil and sprinkle some marijuana on top of the pie.
“We infuse it through an oil extraction process, where we drizzle the oil onto the pizza and it medicates you when you eat it,” employee Anthony Risling told CBC News. “It’s a little different effect from smoking it. It takes maybe about a half hour for it to activate.”
To buy the pie, customers have to be over 18, and show a medical marijuana users’ card to order the pizza, which will cost $10 more than a normal pie. Plus, a federal court inspection could make food infused with marijuana illegal in Canada, even for medical marijuana users.
The establishment is BYOC (bring your own cannabis), and welcomes patrons to bring their own vaporizers.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts