- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Drunken Swede Arrested for Urinating on Fruit
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Mother of Dragons! ‘Game of Thrones’ Limited-Edition Beers Will Be Re-Released This Fall
- 5 Flavored Beers That Shouldn't Exist
- Kroger, America’s Largest Grocer, to Launch in-Store Craft Beer Taps at More Locations
- Former San Francisco Archbishop Arrested for Driving Drunk in Hawaii
- 3 Household Items That Will Open Your Beer
It's not uncommon to find oneself looking desperately for a bathroom after having had a few drinks, but a Swedish man was arrested this weekend for bypassing the restroom and heading straight for the produce aisle.
According to The Local, the man entered a local supermarket in Gothenburg were shocked to see a man and "peeled off into the fruit and veg section of the store," where he let loose and urinated all over the apples and oranges. Shocked onlookers called the police as soon as they realized what was going on.
"It's the first time I've ever heard of such an incident," Victor Prästbacka of the Gothenburg police said. "Apparently the fruit was worth 700 kronor which has now gone down the drain."
The police surprised no one by announcing that the fruit vandal was extremely drunk during the incident. A spokesperson said they'd deal with the man once he sobered up a bit. The man has been charged with vandalism and will face a hearing shortly.
Just a year ago, another drunk Swede was arrested for running into a pizzeria and urinating on all the pizzas in a rage after the pizzeria owner told him he was too drunk to have any more beer.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts