Dream Drinking: All-in-One Vintage Arcade and Kegerator
Recipe of the day
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
- DC Brau and Oskar Blues Launch ‘Smells Like Freedom’ IPA with ‘Aromas of Cannabis’
- A Man Shot His Friend for Giving Him the Wrong Brand of Beer
We may have reached peak beer geek. We’re talking geek in the original sense here, because the new creation from Dream Arcades is directly aimed at gamers who love their brew. The Kegerator Pro 60 is the world’s first 60-inch arcade machine with three refrigerated taps built right in.
The unit from the California-based company comes pre-loaded with true arcade versions of 140 classic games — think Ms. Pac Man, Centipede, Galaga, Street Fighter, and even Pong. You can also use the K-Pro 60 to connect to the Internet and surf the web on the 60-inch HD LED screen, and the box is pre-loaded with MP3 software, so you can turn it into a DJ station and make it the center of any party. That’s because in addition to all the tech whiz-bang, the K-Pro 60 is at heart, a home draft system. You can put three different beverage into the trio of tap lines, and then pull pints whenever you feel like it — even in the middle of an intense game.
The Kegerator Pro 60 is now available for sale; list price $4,999. There are also several add-on packs with dozens of additional games and other upgrades. Maybe convince a few pals to go in on a shared unit?
— Danya Henninger, The Drink Nation
More From The Drink Nation:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts