Doritos Locos Tacos Now Come in Chip Form
Recipe of the day
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Hot Pockets
- Chickens Escape the Plate by Landing in Williamsburg
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- Taco Bell Will Introduce the Quesalupa to Menus Nationwide
For some odd reason this sounds just a bit convoluted to us; the Doritos Locos Tacos, which took Doritos flavors and made them into a taco shell, are now becoming Doritos flavors themselves, cutting out the actual meat, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes portion of the taco.
According to Doritos' Facebook page, two new Doritos chip flavors are coming out: Doritos Locos Taco and Doritos Locos Taco Cool Ranch. It looks like the company just took the original flavors (the cheesy Doritos and the Cool Ranch) and added in a new "crunchy taco" flavor, which will probably not mimic the satisfying soggy crunch of Taco Bell's tacos at 2 a.m.
In any case, Doritos has yet to announce a release date, but they're offering preview bites to Twitter winners if you tweet "how bold would you go for a chance to be the first to try them" at Doritos with the hastag #DoritosPallet. We almost expect a Doritos Locos Taco Doritos chip taco shell in the near future, but we imagine things would get too complicated from there. But seriously, people, please stop it with the crazy potato chip flavors. Honestly, the dip's where it's at.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts