Donald Trump's Steakhouse Fails Inspection and More News
Recipe of the day
- 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Wawa
- Mind Over Meal: Are Comfort Foods Really Comforting?
- Study Says 61 Percent of Our Grocery Purchases Are Highly Processed Foods
- Former Cook Will Serve 4 Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer’s Food and Eluding Police
- Walmart Updates Animal Welfare Standards After Pork Distributor Accused of Animal Abuse
The Daily Meal brings you the top news in the food world.
Trump Steakhouse Fails Health Grade: Of all the problems Trump has, here's another: his Las Vegas steakhouse was shut down for 51 health violations. [Grubstreet]
Slaughterhouse Pays $500 Million for Animal Abuse: In a settlement with animal welfare groups and the federal government, the Hallmark Meat Co. agreed to pay up after videotapes of abused cows came out. [Huffington Post]
Chefs Mourn Twinkies: Danny Bowien, Christina Tosi, and Duff Goldman are pretty upset that Twinkies may be no more. [TODAY]
Hostess' Problem Bigger Than Twinkies: TIME points out that the bankruptcy of Hostess was because the company failed to keep up with consumers' changing taste. [TIME]
The 'VeggieDucken' Exists: How to keep vegetarians from not feeling left out at Thanksgiving — make an equally weird, meatless Thanksgiving entrée to pair with the Turducken. [NPR]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts