Donald Trump's Steakhouse Fails Inspection and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
The Daily Meal brings you the top news in the food world.
Trump Steakhouse Fails Health Grade: Of all the problems Trump has, here's another: his Las Vegas steakhouse was shut down for 51 health violations. [Grubstreet]
Slaughterhouse Pays $500 Million for Animal Abuse: In a settlement with animal welfare groups and the federal government, the Hallmark Meat Co. agreed to pay up after videotapes of abused cows came out. [Huffington Post]
Chefs Mourn Twinkies: Danny Bowien, Christina Tosi, and Duff Goldman are pretty upset that Twinkies may be no more. [TODAY]
Hostess' Problem Bigger Than Twinkies: TIME points out that the bankruptcy of Hostess was because the company failed to keep up with consumers' changing taste. [TIME]
The 'VeggieDucken' Exists: How to keep vegetarians from not feeling left out at Thanksgiving — make an equally weird, meatless Thanksgiving entrée to pair with the Turducken. [NPR]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts