- Sylvester (Crackers) Graham born (1794)
Domino’s France Rolls Out Goat Cheese-Honey Pizza
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Skittles
- Things You Didn't Know About Kellogg's Corn Flakes
- Going Beyond Meat: How One Company’s Meatless Meat Appeals to Carnivores
- What Is Cheetos Cheese Dust? And 8 Other Junk Food Mysteries Solved
- Ben & Jerry’s Renames Cookie Dough Ice Cream ‘I Dough, I Dough’ to Celebrate Marriage Equality Decision
Hot on the heels of the crazy new "Double Sensation" pizza being released by Pizza Hut in Singapore, its chief competitor, Domino's, has gone and rolled out a new offering that, while not quite as crazy, is sure to make plenty of folks scratch their heads.
It’s called the Sweet Chevre Pizza, and it’s in the process of being introduced by Domino’s across France.
As opposed to the Double Sensation, which somehow manages to combine three cheeses, salsa, bell peppers, mushrooms, turkey ham, chicken sausage, pepper Alfredo sauce, smoked chicken, and zucchini (whew), this one actually sounds pretty tasty. According to Brand Eating, the crust is topped with a layer of crème fraîche, then followed up with mozzarella, goat cheese, bacon lardons, onions, and honey.
That flavor combination — bacon, goat cheese, and onions — is very popular in French cuisine, and tarts and quiches that combine all three are French restaurant mainstays. Cheese plates worldwide feature goat cheese livened up with a drizzle of honey as well, so all these ingredients actually should work well together.
It sells for €6.99, or about $9.30.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts