- Oyster Day
Dole Rolls Out Fruit Crisp
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Starbucks and Evolution Fresh Now Make Individual Fruit-on-the-Bottom Greek Yogurts
- Kraft Recalls American and White American Singles, Says Plastic Wrapper Is a Choking Hazard
- Maui, Hawaii's Grand Wailea Spa Incorporates Local Products into Relaxing Treatments
- Bananas Get Quick-Thinking Swede Out of Speeding Ticket
- The Best and Worst Products at Trader Joe’s Roundup: Part Two
Dole, the largest producer of fruits and vegetables in the world, has introduced its newest product, a combo pack that combines fruit with a crunchy topping of oats and brown sugar.
Each pack contains two containers, and each of those is divided into two sections. Peel the foil away, pour the topping onto the fruit below, and eat as-is or heat it up in the microwave for a dessert-like snack.
Dole Fruit Crisp is available in three varieties: Apple Cinnamon, Peach, and Apple Pear. The cinnamon-y topping works best when paired with the Apple Cinnamon, as the flavors complement each other the best, and we'd recommend putting it in the microwave for a few seconds just to get everything heated up.
The fruit/topping combo is very sweet, though (each 4-ounce cup packs in 20 grams, or five teaspoons, of sugar), and the thick, viscous syrup that the fruit is packed in makes the entire affair a bit gloopy. It’s also a bit small, and can be eaten in only about five spoonfuls. As opposed to eating the Fruit Crisp straight from the package, we'd suggest using it as a topping itself, with plain yogurt. It cuts down on the overwhelming sweetness of the product and makes your breakfast last a little longer, too.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts