- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Dole Rolls Out Fruit Crisp
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- WATCH: This Pastor’s Hilarious Musical Ode to the Return of Blue Bell Ice Cream
- In a Soup Bowl (Not) Far, Far Away: ‘Star Wars’ Campbell’s Soups Are Here!
- Mindy Kaling’s ‘Spicy and Cheesy’ Umami Burger Is Officially Here
- EXCLUSIVE: Baskin-Robbins Celebrates 70th Birthday with Banana Splits and Mini Cupcakes
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
Dole, the largest producer of fruits and vegetables in the world, has introduced its newest product, a combo pack that combines fruit with a crunchy topping of oats and brown sugar.
Each pack contains two containers, and each of those is divided into two sections. Peel the foil away, pour the topping onto the fruit below, and eat as-is or heat it up in the microwave for a dessert-like snack.
Dole Fruit Crisp is available in three varieties: Apple Cinnamon, Peach, and Apple Pear. The cinnamon-y topping works best when paired with the Apple Cinnamon, as the flavors complement each other the best, and we'd recommend putting it in the microwave for a few seconds just to get everything heated up.
The fruit/topping combo is very sweet, though (each 4-ounce cup packs in 20 grams, or five teaspoons, of sugar), and the thick, viscous syrup that the fruit is packed in makes the entire affair a bit gloopy. It’s also a bit small, and can be eaten in only about five spoonfuls. As opposed to eating the Fruit Crisp straight from the package, we'd suggest using it as a topping itself, with plain yogurt. It cuts down on the overwhelming sweetness of the product and makes your breakfast last a little longer, too.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts