Dole Rolls Out Fruit Crisp
Recipe of the day
- Chickens Escape the Plate by Landing in Williamsburg
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- Taco Bell Will Introduce the Quesalupa to Menus Nationwide
- Man Sues Blue Bell for Listeria-Contaminated Product That Allegedly Caused ‘Profound Brain Damage’
Dole, the largest producer of fruits and vegetables in the world, has introduced its newest product, a combo pack that combines fruit with a crunchy topping of oats and brown sugar.
Each pack contains two containers, and each of those is divided into two sections. Peel the foil away, pour the topping onto the fruit below, and eat as-is or heat it up in the microwave for a dessert-like snack.
Dole Fruit Crisp is available in three varieties: Apple Cinnamon, Peach, and Apple Pear. The cinnamon-y topping works best when paired with the Apple Cinnamon, as the flavors complement each other the best, and we'd recommend putting it in the microwave for a few seconds just to get everything heated up.
The fruit/topping combo is very sweet, though (each 4-ounce cup packs in 20 grams, or five teaspoons, of sugar), and the thick, viscous syrup that the fruit is packed in makes the entire affair a bit gloopy. It’s also a bit small, and can be eaten in only about five spoonfuls. As opposed to eating the Fruit Crisp straight from the package, we'd suggest using it as a topping itself, with plain yogurt. It cuts down on the overwhelming sweetness of the product and makes your breakfast last a little longer, too.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts