DIY: Natural Wedding Decor
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
Bare branches are striking as wedding decor if you add to their stark beauty with bird seed favors like these hung from twine or sustainable ribbon.
You can often rent, or buy and resell, small trees from a local nursery. For a winter wedding, you can also get a wonderful effect by placing branches from dormant flowering trees (like cherry, apple, peach, forsythia, flowering quince, redbud, red hawthorn, and dogwood) in warm water for a few days before the ceremony—which will make the leaves and flowers bloom.
This natural decor can double as favors for your guests to take home and hang in their backyard. Birds will flock to the seed and there will be no leftover waste. This is an easy way to add an extra touch of green to your wedding.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts