- Scotch Whisky Day
DIY: Natural Wedding Decor
Recipe of the day
- A Grande Affair to Remember: Barista Marries Former Customer at Starbucks
- 5 Budget-Friendly Recipe Tips for an Outdoor Summer Engagement Party
- Last-Minute Tips on Hosting Your Outdoor Wedding Reception
- Top Planning Tips for Hosting a Destination Wedding
- 5 Healthy Dishes to Serve During Your Summer Engagement Party
Bare branches are striking as wedding decor if you add to their stark beauty with bird seed favors like these hung from twine or sustainable ribbon.
You can often rent, or buy and resell, small trees from a local nursery. For a winter wedding, you can also get a wonderful effect by placing branches from dormant flowering trees (like cherry, apple, peach, forsythia, flowering quince, redbud, red hawthorn, and dogwood) in warm water for a few days before the ceremony—which will make the leaves and flowers bloom.
This natural decor can double as favors for your guests to take home and hang in their backyard. Birds will flock to the seed and there will be no leftover waste. This is an easy way to add an extra touch of green to your wedding.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts