- First espresso machine patented (1938)
DIY Memorial Day Projects
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- If You Eat and Drink These 10 Things, You're a Basic White Girl (No, You Are, Really)
- How Many Calories Are at Your Summer BBQ?
- Kids Try Dark Chocolate for the First Time, Absolutely Hate It
- Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Mind of a Chef’ Is Back This Fall with Gabrielle Hamilton and David Kinch
- Lollipops in Utah, Eggplants in Nevada, and More Popular Emojis Ranked by State
This Memorial Day, you don’t want to just impress your guests with delicious barbecue. You want to show off your patriotic pride will still keeping your style. There are plenty of ways you can brighten up your backyard to make your holiday more festive and fun! What is even better is that you can turn party prep into fun for the whole family with simple DIY projects that serve as excellent accent decor. Check out these simple projects to get inspired:
For a great activity, have the kids make this clothespin pinwheel to keep them entertained pre and during the party.
For your planters in the yard or an easy centerpiece focal point, make this adorable and simple flag out of popsicle sticks.
Let the little ones get their hands dirty with this super sweet, super patriotic flag piece that will make them smile!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts