Disney World Now Serving Cronuts
Recipe of the day
- 10 American Table Manners That Are Totally Rude Abroad
- How to Send Food and Water to Nepal Earthquake Victims
- How People Celebrate Mother’s Day Around the World
- ‘Nearly Disastrous Plunge’ of Serbian President’s Plane Blamed on Co-Pilot’s Coffee Spill
- EU Gives Thailand 6 Months to Stop Illegal Fishing Practices or Face Costly Import Ban
Here’s the new Mickey Mouse Club theme song for you: C-R-O-N-U-T M-O-U-S-E. Yes, even Disney is jumping on the cronut bandwagon that began last summer when Dominique Ansel’s bakery began selling those delicious (and impossible to get) croissant-doughnut combinations. Now the cronut à la mode is available at Epcot’s Refreshment Port at the World Showcase in Disney World.
Dipped in cinnamon and sugar, the Disney croissant/doughnut creation sounds a little bit more like round churro. The treat is topped with ice cream and is actually listed unassumingly as a “croissant doughnut” for $4.99 on the menu ($5.79 with ice cream).
The Disney food blog just tried the sweet and savory creation and said, “the layers were super buttery — and not flaky…also a little gummy.”
Dominique Ansel Bakery, home of the original cronut, just re-opened this week after being shut down due to a mouse infestation. So as it turns out, Ansel’s long-tailed visitors aren’t the only mice to love the cronut.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts