Disney World Now Serving Cronuts
Recipe of the day
- The 10 Hungriest Countries in the World and How You Can Help Them
- Man Who Started French Supermarket Waste Ban Wants to Take His Plan Global
- Norway Builds World’s First Bee Superhighway
- France Bans Supermarket Waste; Stores Must Donate Unsold Food to Charity
- Poll: Which Country Do You Wish You Could Travel to for the Food?
Here’s the new Mickey Mouse Club theme song for you: C-R-O-N-U-T M-O-U-S-E. Yes, even Disney is jumping on the cronut bandwagon that began last summer when Dominique Ansel’s bakery began selling those delicious (and impossible to get) croissant-doughnut combinations. Now the cronut à la mode is available at Epcot’s Refreshment Port at the World Showcase in Disney World.
Dipped in cinnamon and sugar, the Disney croissant/doughnut creation sounds a little bit more like round churro. The treat is topped with ice cream and is actually listed unassumingly as a “croissant doughnut” for $4.99 on the menu ($5.79 with ice cream).
The Disney food blog just tried the sweet and savory creation and said, “the layers were super buttery — and not flaky…also a little gummy.”
Dominique Ansel Bakery, home of the original cronut, just re-opened this week after being shut down due to a mouse infestation. So as it turns out, Ansel’s long-tailed visitors aren’t the only mice to love the cronut.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts