- Mollie (Moosewood) Katzen born (1950)
Dishcrawl Premiers in Durham, North Carolina
Recipe of the day
- A Michelin-Star Chef Is Making a Burger at a Shake Shack in London for 1 Day Only
- 10 Unique KFC Meals from Around the World
- Rooms with a Story: A Grand Swiss Hotel Brings History to Life
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
The organization hosts events centered on local food and restaurants, and will debut in Durham, North Carolina in July.
With multiple locations all over the United States, Dishcrawl offers events that are meant to bring food enthusiasts of all types together. The intentions are twofold, allowing people to connect over food while also giving local restaurants the chance to showcase their business.
The first event in Durham will be on July 10th, in the Five Points neighborhood. The event will take participants “through four of downtown’s hippest (and tastiest) eateries”, all of which will be kept a secret until two days before the event. Similar events take place all throughout the United States, from a secret Clement Street tasting in San Francisco to a mysterious Boston North End Dishcrawl.
Recently named the Tastiest Town in the South by Southern Living, Durham is becoming a greater presence on the national food scene, with a burgeoning market and increased revenue within the industry in the past year.
The talent doesn’t end with Durham. Check out the Top 10 Restaurants in the North Carolina Triangle, here.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts