Dine Like the US President on the Road
Recipe of the day
- Disney's Best Restaurants Around the World
- The South's 10 Most Iconic Foods and Where to Eat Them
- The Best Small Production Vineyards in Paso Robles, California: Il Cortile
- Crystal Cruise's Worldwide Voyages Dedicated to Authentic Dining Experiences
- Culinary and Golf Extravaganza Coming to Prestigious Riviera Nayarit
While you may not be able to follow President Barack Obama on the campaign trail, you can travel and eat like he does when he’s crisscrossing the U.S.
Ross Babbit, senior vice president of programming at the Travel Channel, shared some of Obama's and former presidents Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush’s favorite restaurants, which are featured on the Travel Channel’s new special Travel Like a President.
Planning a weekend away or a simple night out involves as many as 200 hotel rooms, two jumbo 747s, two passenger jets, five helicopters, 35 motorcade vehicles, charter flights for the press, and a cast of hundreds of people involved in the preparation.
From the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City, where every president has stayed since Herbert Hoover, to an impromptu trip to Five Guys, The Daily Meal has the scoop on nine of the presidential palate-pleasing restaurants favored by the first family.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts