Dill Pickled Eggs Recipe
- 1 ½ cups cider vinegar
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 sprigs dill
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried celery seed
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 small red beet, quartered
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- Game Day Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Arugula Salad with Apple Vinaigrette Recipe
- South of the Border Salad Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- Individual S'more Tarts Recipe
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust Recipe
- Heirloom and Fried Tomato "Sandwich" Recipe
- Roasted Cherry Tomato Crostini with Oregano-Lemon Goat Cheese Recipe
- Garlicky Gazpacho Recipe
A couple years ago I was driving from Atlanta to San Francisco and kept walking into gas stations with big jars of pickled eggs. While my timid nature prevented me from trying them, I decided to cook up a batch of my own to see what all the fuss was about... And wouldn't you know it, they were delicious.
In a small pot, combine all the ingredients except for the eggs. Heat over a medium flame until the salt and sugar dissolve completely. Remove from heat and cool.
In a 2-quart jar, pour contents of pot over the hard-boiled eggs. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
Calories per serving:238 calories
Dietary restrictions:Balanced Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Oil Added
Have a question about nutritional data? Let us know.