- Mollie (Moosewood) Katzen born (1950)
Diet Pepsi Tries Out New Sweetener Formula
Recipe of the day
- The Obama Administration Will Not Be Pushing a Soda Tax in New Healthy Food Guidelines
- The Perfect Breakfast Yogurt Smoothie
- Upscale Restaurants in California Are Serving Meals on Disposable Plates Because of the Drought
- 5 Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- This Is the Last Hot Chocolate Recipe You’ll Ever Need
The new Diet Pepsi is finally here. After months of testing out a new formula for sweeteners (and denying that they were changing the formula), PepsiCo is finally launching the new-and-improved formula.
The Associated Press reports that cans of the new Diet Pepsi (found in New York, Omaha, Neb., and the San Francisco Bay Area for the time being) now include acesulfame potassium on the ingredients label. It's said that the new ingredient, often used with other artificial ingredients, will help the taste stay fresher, longer.
The change signals not only a new ad campaign, "Love Every Sip," but a new focus on the brand that often loses out to America's favorite diet cola, Diet Coke. The AP reports that Diet Pepsi is just number seven on the list of carbonated soft drinks, with a little less than 5 percent of the market share. Diet Coke takes up 9.6 percent of the market in comparison. (We say, get Beyoncé on the can to get people drinking more Diet Pepsi — oh wait, that's already happening.)
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts