- California Wine Month begins
Diet Pepsi Tries Out New Sweetener Formula
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- Federal Trade Commission Shuts Down Energy Drink Company Vemma for Alleged Pyramid Scheme
- Drink More Water to Lose Weight, Study Says
- Russell Wilson Swears By Recovery Water to Help Him Get Over an Injury
- Anheuser-Busch Shipped 50,000 Cans of Water to Firefighters Battling Fires in Western United States
- Shaq and Mike Miller Are Launching an Energy Drink in Hong Kong
The new Diet Pepsi is finally here. After months of testing out a new formula for sweeteners (and denying that they were changing the formula), PepsiCo is finally launching the new-and-improved formula.
The Associated Press reports that cans of the new Diet Pepsi (found in New York, Omaha, Neb., and the San Francisco Bay Area for the time being) now include acesulfame potassium on the ingredients label. It's said that the new ingredient, often used with other artificial ingredients, will help the taste stay fresher, longer.
The change signals not only a new ad campaign, "Love Every Sip," but a new focus on the brand that often loses out to America's favorite diet cola, Diet Coke. The AP reports that Diet Pepsi is just number seven on the list of carbonated soft drinks, with a little less than 5 percent of the market share. Diet Coke takes up 9.6 percent of the market in comparison. (We say, get Beyoncé on the can to get people drinking more Diet Pepsi — oh wait, that's already happening.)
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts