Did Guy Fieri Get Rid of the 'Nuclear Waste' Cocktail?
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
It looks like Guy Fieri's Guy's American Kitchen & Bar has had its first casualty: the watermelon margarita, now known as the "nuclear waste" margarita.
After Pete Wells tore apart Fieri's Times Square restaurant — including the margarita — Hollywood.com has caught onto the noticeably absent drink. Wrote Kelsea Shaffer in a review, "After a failed attempt to order the suspiciously blue watermelon margarita, we learned that Wells’ claims had killed the item. It had been dramatically stricken from the menu." Could it be that Wells killed the margarita?
Eater also tore apart the drink in an earlier review, calling it "not so much a drink, as it is a cup of diabetes." Still, it looks like it's still gracing the pages of the cocktail menu. Now we know what's actually in the drink: El Jimador blanco tequila, watermelon, pineapple, lime and — what is probably the culprit of the nuclear taste — blue curaçao. We can think of a few better margarita recipes out there for those wanting a sugary blast of tequila.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts