Di Fara Expanding with Take Out Shop Mid-April
Recipe of the day
- While McDonald’s Struggles, Burger King Reports Strongest North American Sales Increase in a Decade
- Restaurant Offers Jameis Winston Endless Free Crab Legs If Drafted by Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- New York’s Famous Carnegie Deli Shut Down After Alleged Gas Siphoning
- Restaurant Turns Tables on Customer’s Bad Online Review
- Restaurant Offends with Bruce Jenner Hot Dog
Italian pizza/pasta lovers have been geeking out all day over a Facebook post this morning over news of the expansion of Brooklyn cult classic Di Fara Pizza. In a Facebook status update, the restaurant announce, "[Di Fara] is happy to announce that several doors down we will be opening a tiny take out place offering all our old menu items that so many have been missing. We will have pasta, heros, salad and more. We expect to open mid April. All our products will use the finest and freshest ingredients as we always do at [Di Fara]... please, no questions at this time... Will update as we see fit ! Thank you... Happy April !"
Vague opening date and menu items aside, New York's media circus are flipping out over the news, as Dom Demarco and his family behind the Midwood, Brooklyn, N.Y. location hasn't served up pasta dishes in at least 10 years, Eater reports. The original Di Fara has been open since 1964, serving up legendary Sicilian-style pizza to the masses lined up outside.
Di Fara isn't up for answering specific questions yet, but we can only hope that this will alleviate those long lines, expediting the amount of time it takes to get Dom's food to our mouths.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts