- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
- 20 egg-sized potatoes
- 1/2 Teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 Cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons cashew cream* or vegan mayonnaise
Forget the egg whites! Chef Paul Jervis gives deviled eggs an entirely new makeover, serving the rich, creamy yolk filling in a potato.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Halve about the potatoes and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, flat side down. Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes, or until tender.
Scoop out the middles and place in a mixing bowl. Mash the scooped out potato middles with a mustard seed, nutritional yeast, cashew cream (or any vegan mayonnaise), and turmeric.
Spoon the mixture back into the middle of the potatoes, and sprinkle with paprika.
* cashew cream can be made by blending 1 cup of cashews with 1 cup of water and a pinch of salt.