- Moldy Cheese Day
Details on Anne Hathaway’s Rustic Wedding
Recipe of the day
- “Whip It” Singer Jerry Casale Criticized For Shockingly Inappropriate 9/11-Themed Wedding Complete with Twin Towers Cakes
- WATCH: This Couple Got Drunk and Made a Hilarious Video About Themselves for Their Wedding
- 13 Wedding Cake Trends Any Would-Be Bride Should Consider
- Wedding Menu Ideas for Every Bride
- What Is Engagement Chicken?
Clad in a custom Valentino gown and a cropped hairdo, Anne Hathaway married fiancé Adam Shulman this Saturday in Big Sur, Calif.
During the ceremony, in front of 180 family and friends, the couple said their vows overlooking the coastline. But the ceremony was just part of the fun-filled fall weekend.
Curated by event planners Yifat Oren and Stefanie Cove, the weekend began with an intimate rehearsal dinner for 50 guests at The Restaurant at the Ventana Inn and Spa. The menu, entitled "The Heart of Big Sur," featured organic beets, diver scallops, and Colorado grass-fed lamb, as well as Saint André triple cream cheese with honey and coconut and ginger panna cotta for dessert.
As for the wedding reception, 18 tables were arranged under a private marquee overlooking the coastline as a jazz band played before a DJ took over.
The décor was based off a color scheme of white and pink — with a hint of rustic charm, and more than $100,000 worth of flowers setting the tone. The menu featured local and sustainable fare, similar to that of their New York City-based engagement party.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts