- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Denver Ranks in Top Ten for Cities With Highest Gluten Free Demands
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
- This Pastrami Ice Cream Sandwich Turns the New York Deli Staple on Its Head
- 101 Best Food Trucks in America 2015
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Why Brooklyn is Their Home
The BoulderiJournal reports that Denver ranks seventh gluten free demand, compared to other cities across the country. The analysts at GrubHub, an online food ordering service, conducted the research, tracking the trend at U.S. takeout restaurants.
The results shows that Denver ranked seventh in terms of how many customers wanted gluten-free products. The researches looked at over 20,000 restaurants and 500 cities.
The news is not shocking – approximately one in three Americans are trying to cut back or avoid gluten in their diets because of health reasons. GrubHub also revealed that menu items that are gluten free have grown in popularity by nearly 60% since April 2012.
The cities with the highest demand for gluten free were mostly in the Pacific Northwest, with Seattle, Portland Ore., Eugene Ore., and San Jose leading the list.
The research conducted also revealed which gluten free items were the most popular, and data revealed that pizzas, salads, burgers, wraps, and sandwiches were the most-ordered items.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts