Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 (two squares per person)
Tequila (brand of your choice)
Canola or vegetable oil for frying
Angel food cake (bar is fine)
1. Pour two inches of oil into a pot. The temperature should be about 350 degrees, but if you don’t have a way to check temperature, just heat it on medium. While the oil is heating up, cube the angel food into bite-sized squares that you can pop into your mouth.
2. Dip the cubes in the tequila. The more tequila-y you want the flavor, the longer you should leave the cube in. If you’re looking for a strong flavor that (after a few) might get you tipsy, then fully immerse the cube in tequila.
3. Once the oil is hot, drop the tequila-dipped cubes into the pot. Fry them until they’re a golden brown on all sides.
4. Once browned, take the cubes out of the oil and let them dry on a paper towel.
5. For some tasty decor, spread the icing on the cubes and sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. Taking them to a party? Make them extra swanky by serving them in shot glasses with icing on the rims. Bonus: grate the lime and sprinkle the shavings on the icing.
Happy drinking eating!