- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 plum tomato, cored and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon coarse salt
- Dash of white pepper
- Juice from 1 lemon wedge
- 2 Cups crushed tortilla chips
- Canola oil, for frying
We all know chips and guac taste good together, and this recipe makes the best out of both by deep-frying them together.
With a fork, mix together avocados, tomato, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and lemon juice to achieve a smooth consistency. Chill, covered, until using.
Once chilled, create golf ball-size balls out of the guacamole. Roll the balls to coat in the crushed chips. Heat 2 inches of canola oil in a large skillet to 375 degrees. Deep-fry the guacamole balls until golden brown and serve.