Decorate a Cake Like a Pro
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Let’s face it, we’re not all blessed when it comes to working in the kitchen. Luckily, there are outlets like The Daily Meal that are here to save you if this is the case.Yes, there are things that every cook should know, but what about when it comes to baking?
Here are a few tips of the trade:
• Always begin at the base; it sets the scene for the rest of the cake.
• Use a piping bag or create your own using a Ziploc bag or plastic bag and create a simple border. An easy-go to border is a classic pearl dot around the edge. If you’re more adventurous, change the head on the bag to form different shapes.
• Slice seasonal fruit, like strawberries, to build up complex flavor and add a pop of color.
• If you’re going to write on the cake, roll parchment paper into a funnel shape and fill it with chocolate or jelly for a clean finish.
• Lastly, top the cake with additives like a top border or a cluster of fruit.
With tips like these, you better get baking!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts