D.C.’s 2013 Rammy Awards Round Up
Recipe of the day
- This New Art Exhibit Allows You to Taste the Paintings
- Marco Pierre White Opens Revamped, Affordable Restaurant Inside Threadneedles Hotel in London
- What New York City Food Are You, Based on Your Astrological Sign?
- Study Says Travelers Would Rather Give Up Sex Than Coffee
- Things You Should Never Be Able to Buy in a Vending Machine
D.C.’s restaurant industry gathered Sunday night to celebrate their accomplishments at the 2013 Rammy Awards. The Washington Post reports that 1,600 people attended the gala to celebrate local restaurants and chefs. The gala was at Marriott Wardman Park and the theme was “Restaurants in Bloom,” so guests dressed in their best garden attire.
The awards celebrate the accomplishments of local restaurant businesses. To be eligible for an award, the restaurant needs to be a member of the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington, the host of the event, explaining why some local favorites were not recognized.
Here are the winners of some of the most contended awards:
Fine Dining Restaurant: Blue Duck Tavern
Upscale Casual Restaurant: Estadio
New Restaurant: Mintwood Place
Casual Restaurant: C.F. Folks Restaurant
Chef: Fabio Trabocchi of Fiola
Pastry Chef: Beverly Bates of Vidalia
Restaurateur: Ashok Bajaj of Knightsbridge Restaurant Group
For a full list of winners and nominees, visit the association’s website.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts