Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse Coming to Midtown Manhattan
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Christina Tosi is Opening a Milk Bar Pop-Up in Madison Square Park
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
Davio’s, the 28-year-old Boston based Italian restaurant with additional locations in Foxborough, Mass., Philadelphia, and Atlanta, will be opening a fifth location this summer on Manhattan's East 44th Street and Lexington Avenue, directly across from Grand Central Terminal, the company has confirmed.
Best known for its steaks, veal chops, and handmade pasta, the restaurant opened in 1985 in Boston’s Back Bay and quickly gained a loyal following. It has since moved to the city’s Park Square neighborhood, and each location features a slightly different menu.
The New York location will be higher-end, according to a company representative, and will have a smaller menu, focused on seasonal items. One constant between all the restaurants, including this one, will be their trademarked (literally) spring rolls, filled with either Philly cheesesteak, chicken Parm, Buffalo chicken, or shrimp cotija.
A head chef for the new location was just brought on, and they’re currently looking to hire additional staff. The restaurant will be housed in an entirely new building, which is rare for the neighborhood, and should be open by early August.
Dan Myers is the Eat/Dine Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @sirmyers.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts