- We're independent! Let's cook out!
Date Bran Jingle Balls
- 2 Cups bran flakes
- 3/4 Cups whole pitted dates
- 1/2 Cup pecans, toasted
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 Teaspoons brandy, orange liqueur, or orange juice
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 Cup nuts, chopped finely, date sugar, or coconut or wheat germ
Looking for an alternative to calorie- and fat-heavy cookies? Have a happy healthy holiday with these Date Bran Jingle Balls. The best part? No baking required.
Place the bran flakes, dates, and pecans in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the honey, cream cheese, and brandy (or orange liqueur or orange juice) and pulse until a stiff dough forms.
Scoop tablespoon-sized portions and shape with greased hands into balls. Roll each ball in the chopped nuts (or date sugar or coconut or wheat germ). Place on waxed paper. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving or storing.