- First electric stove patented (1896)
Danny Bowien's Henan Chicken Stew and More Recipes
Recipe of the day
- Put It in a Watermelon: 10 Recipes That Can Be Served In a Watermelon Half
- 9 Recipes That Will Make Your Kid Feel Like a Real Chef
- 10 Fresh Fruit Salsa Recipes You’ll Need This Summer
- Earthy, Rich, and Bold: 11 Recipes That Will Make You Fall In Love with Coffee in a Whole New Way
- These Are the First 5 Recipes You Need to Teach Your Kids
Check out our editors' picks for the best recipes from food sections across the country.
Take ordinary roasted parsnips, purée them, and serve them with a couscous tabbouleh.
Ordinary lentils get jazzed up with butternut squash and kale.
For your Super Bowl party, go New Orleans style with this chorizo boudin balls recipe.
Genius! "49er" peppers are just red and gold peppers, served with mini pita pockets of chicken.
More Super Bowl party staples: Meatball sliders.
If you're nervous about frying green tomatoes, try pickling them and chayote squash together.
Trying to incorporate some festive flavors in your chicken wings? This cranberry-chile wing recipe should do it.
Portland Press Herald
Easy finger food is a blessing at parties, so this guide to nuts is a definite must-read.
Forget Papa John's; make your own homemade Sicilian pizza this Sunday.
Wall Street Journal
Danny Bowien shares a recipe for Henan chicken stew, spiked with beer and infused with whole spices.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts