Daniel Humm and William Guidara Spill About NoMad's 'French Countryside' Feel
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Video Produced and Edited by Ali Rosen
Daniel Humm and William Guidara of Eleven Madison Park will be opening the doors to their latest project at the NoMad Hotel in March, so we chatted with them about what to expect for the feel of the place.
French designer Jacques Garcia is designing the interior, so "it’s very French and it kind of has this old grand feel, but it’s modernized," Guidara told us.
The pair were at ceramics designer Jono Pandolfi's studio when we caught up with them, choosing custom plates to match the feel of the restaurant.
"There are certain things we dream of, like 'Wouldn’t it be nice if we could conceive the entire restaurant?' And at NoMad, that’s the case," Humm said. "We want to have our own plates that nobody else has, and the design is so special that it will be one of a kind."
Humm tells us the feel will be more casual than Eleven Madison Park, much like a chateau in the French countryside. "There's definitely some wealth, but it's been lived in, it's kind of eclectic," he said.
The restaurant will serve serve "dishes that celebrate New York" with a French accent, alongside drinks mixed up by Eleven Madison Park's Leo Robitsche.
Click here for part two of our interview with Humm and Guidara.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts