The Daily Meal's Christmas Drinking Game
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
It doesn't matter what you have in your glass — eggnog, punch, a warm cocktail, champagne — chances are you're going to be drinking a lot this holiday season. Why not up the ante this Christmas with a fun game that actually turns typical holiday occurrences into an incentive to drink? Just print out the rules below, and let the imbibing begin!
Take One Sip If:
- Someone asks if you have been naughty or nice this year.
- Someone tries to guess what is inside a specific present. (Finish the drink if it's from you and they guessed right.)
- A kid complains that a sibling has more presents under the tree than they do.
- For every ingredient you forgot to buy or run out of.
- Every time a relative asks you, "So, how's the job/job hunt going?"
- Every time someone recites a quote from Elf.
- Every time someone gets called a Scrooge or Grinch.
Take Two Sips If:
- You run out of wrapping paper on Christmas Eve.
- An ornament breaks. (Take an extra sip if the cause was a pet's tail.)
- You catch someone rocking an ugly Christmas sweater or Santa hat. (If they're wearing both at the same time, finish the drink.)
- Someone fakes excitement over a gift.
- Every time someone tells the host they look tired and/or stressed. (If you're the host, finish the drink and then pour yourself another.)
Take Three Sips If:
- Someone makes an inappropriate mistletoe joke.
- Some item of the Christmas meal gets burnt or is severly undercooked.
-Your mother-in-law says she would have made something differently. (Finish the drink if she says she would have made it better.)
- You know most of the lines to Wham's "Last Christmas."
- You're within earshot of someone who thinks they can hit the high notes in Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You."
Finish Your Drink If:
- It actually snows on Christmas morning.
- A family member has clearly "sampled too much punch" (hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em).
- A family member asks about your love life. (For singles: Whether or not you're in a relationship yet. For couples: When you're finally getting married.)
- A visiting family member makes a comment about your weight.
- You receive something you know has been re-gifted.
- Someone accidentally reveals to a young child that Santa doesn't really exist. Oops.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts