- Alton Brown born (1962)
The Daily Meal’s Chef Madness Challenge: The Final Reveal!
Recipe of the day
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 2
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 1
- Andrew Zimmern’s Comfort Food Is Gas Station Pizza, and Other Things We Learned About the ‘Bizarre Foods’ Host
- George Foreman Now Has His Own Online Butcher Shop
- Former White House Chef, Nutrition Advisor Sam Kass Appointed NBC News Senior Food Analyst
When we launched our Chef Madness Challenge a couple of weeks ago, we had no idea what an amazing turnout we would see. Each round garnered thousands of votes, whittling down eight chefs, game time-friendly dishes, cocktails, and beers until only one of each remained.
In the end, Michael Symon beat out Geoffrey Zakarian by a wide margin, and sliders, margaritas, and Guinness also proved to be dominant in their fields.
But it couldn’t just end there.
Behold: the graphic illustration of the Chef Madness Challenge, as painted by artist Michael Marsicano.
In this illustration, the four winners face off against the four runners-up. Our winning chef, Michael Symon, goes in to dunk our winning dish, a slider, carrying our winning cocktail and beer, margarita and Guinness. Below him is our runner-up, chef Geoffrey Zakarian, trying and failing to dunk a Buffalo wing, as our second-place cocktail and beer, White Russians and Miller High Life, fall from his grasp. In a word: awesome.
So congratulations again, chef Symon, for winning the challenge, and thanks to Marsicano for such a masterpiece!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts