The Daily Meal’s Chef Madness Challenge
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
As March Madness rages on, we here at The Daily Meal thought that we should jump into the fray, but in a decidedly non-basketball related fashion. It’s Chef Madness!
Here’s how it works. We start with eight chefs, eight dishes that in our opinion go along very nicely with basketball-watching, eight cocktails, and eight beers. Over the course of the next couple of weeks, you’ll have the opportunity to vote for your favorites in each category, and from that we’ll whittle it down to one chef, one dish, one cocktail, and one beer.
And here’s where it gets interesting: Once we’ve narrowed it down to the final four, we’ll reach out to the winning chef and put the ball in their court. We’ll invite them into our kitchen and ask them to whip up their ideal versions of the winning dish and cocktail, all the while taking swigs from the winning beer. If they’re not local, we’ll ask them to send over a video themselves, or at least to provide us with a recipe. One thing is for certain: the winning chef will certainly be straying from their comfort zone, and it’ll be awesome.
So vote below, check back every couple of days to vote for the next round, and stay tuned to find out who advances to the Final Four!
This round of voting is now closed. Click here to vote in the final round!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts