- First espresso machine patented (1938)
The Daily Cookie Cookbook: Eggnog Sandwiches
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Blogger Spotlight: Savory Experiments
- ‘Waste Nothing’: An Interview with Adam Sappington, author of the ‘Heartlandia’ Cookbook
- Dora Charles, Former Chef for Paula Deen, Embarks on Her Own Path with Her First Cookbook, ‘A Real Southern Cook’
- A Slice of Americana: An Interview with Craig Priebe of ‘The United States of Pizza’
- A New Kind of Kosher: An Interview with Kim Kushner of ‘The New Kosher Cookbook’
It’s cookie season and people all around the world are baking, cutting, sprinkling, wrapping, and giving out all kinds of different cookies. To celebrate this festive time of the year and to bring you some new inspiration, we’re new cookie recipes with you, one every day from now until Christmas. These aren’t just any old cookie recipes, either — they’re recipes from cookie and history-enthusiast Anna Ginsberg and her cookbook The Daily Cookie, which is filled with 365 cookie recipes that honor and celebrate notable events throughout history. Along with giving you something new to bake in the kitchen, these festive days of cookies give you a chance to win a copy of the book every day we share a recipe, so you’ll be able to enjoy a cookie recipe every day of the year, not just right before Christmas.
Today's cookies are Eggnog Sandwiches, in honor of today being Natioanl Eggnog Day. Nothing is more festive than enjoying a warm cup of eggnog around Christmastime, and this recipe shares the holiday drink in cookie form. A creamy vanilla pudding is sandwiched between two sugary cookies to make the popular drink enjoyable in cookie form.
Want more cookie recipes like this one? Tweet this (up to once a day): I just entered to win a copy of The Daily Cookie from @TheDailyMeal & @AndrewsMcMeel #12DaysofCookies bit.ly/Y7joY4 — and a collection of 365 cookie recipes may be yours.
Anne Dolce is the Cook Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @anniecdolce
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts