- First electric stove patented (1896)
Cure Your Hangover with Mexican Food
Recipe of the day
- Put It in a Watermelon: 10 Recipes That Can Be Served In a Watermelon Half
- 9 Recipes That Will Make Your Kid Feel Like a Real Chef
- 10 Fresh Fruit Salsa Recipes You’ll Need This Summer
- Earthy, Rich, and Bold: 11 Recipes That Will Make You Fall In Love with Coffee in a Whole New Way
- These Are the First 5 Recipes You Need to Teach Your Kids
Fact: Mexican food is excellent at curing hangovers. And it's not just confined to Cinco de Mayo — chow down on some greasy enchiladas, tuck into some beef machaca, or just eat something really, really spicy the morning after [insert drinking holiday here], and suddenly, the room stops spinning.
Some people might decry this reductive view of an entire cuisine. After all, there are many refined aspects and regional nuances to Mexican cuisine that aren't usually reflected at one's favorite burrito joint.
But nuance isn't really the plat du jour after a night of ribald, late-night, drunken revelry. Heck, it's an accomplishment just to bestir one's self from bed. So we've done some hunting around for classic Mexican recipes that will set things right again, and along the way of course, we found a few interesting twists. Just one thing though: The night before, make sure to draw straws and pick a designated cook. Open flames and delirium are never a good combination.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts