- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Cruise Passengers Gain About 14 Pounds per Trip
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Japan Is Getting a Peanuts-Themed Café with Snoopy- and Charlie Brown-Inspired Food
- Exploring a Foreign City? Follow Anthony Bourdain’s Dos and Don’ts for New Culinary Adventures
- Free Airplane Snacks! The Tastiest Treats in Coach
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
With all the gourmet eats on cruises, plus celebrity chefs headlining culinary cruises, we can't say we're too surprised: the latest news shows that most cruise passengers gain about 14 pounds while away.
A U.K. travel agency interviewed more than 1,200 recent cruisers and found more than half admitted to gaining a pound per day for two weeks — equal to about 14 pounds, or one stone in British terms. While the numbers seem extreme, more than 80 percent said they ate more than they normally do because of cruises' all-inclusive eats.
Don't lose hope just yet, globe-trotters: there are several ways to stay healthy while cruising or traveling.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts