- Eid al Fitr(Ramadan ends)
Crispy Fried Chicken
- 1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon gravy base
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 Teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon chili powder
- 2 chickens, cut into serving pieces
- 2 Teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup butter
Crispy fried chicken is given extra spice with chili powder.
In large plastic or brown bag, combine flour and next 5 ingredients.
Sprinkle chicken on all sides with seasoning salt and shake chicken pieces in the seasoned flour and lay on waxed paper while oil is heating.
In 12-inch skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat until hot. Carefully add chicken, skin side down; cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. (Keep warm, if desired.) Repeat with remaining chicken. Serve hot or at room temperature.