- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Cracker Barrel to Sell Ham, Bacon in Grocery Stores
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Buffet Restaurant Measures Kids to Determine Meal Price
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
- Live the High Life at SixtyFive in Rockefeller Center, Offering ‘Gin & Jazz’ Every Friday in August
- A New High-End Pizzeria Plans to Go National
- An Entirely Plant-Based Vegan Fast-Casual Restaurant Has Opened in New York City
Southern expats (or you know, those living beyond the reaches of the Cracker Barrel kingdom) might be able to get their biscuits, grits, and country ham fixes at home sometime soon, maybe even on the West Coast.
Business Wire reports that Cracker Barrel has teamed up with the John Morrell Food Group (of Smithfield) to create a Cracker Barrel product line, so avid fans can recreate "the Cracker Barrel experience" with items like "ham, bacon, assorted lunch meats, glazes, jerky, and summer sausage."
No word on whether the product line will include their biscuits and grits, or the kitschy home décor items that grace the walls of Cracker Barrels everywhere, but if this means we can recreate their chicken and dumplings, it might be worth a shot? Now if only all the candies they sell at the retail store, plus all those rocking chairs, can be found at our local grocery stores as well...
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts