Cracker Barrel to Sell Ham, Bacon in Grocery Stores
Recipe of the day
- Shake Shack Shareholder PETA Pushes for Vegan Menu Options
- RL Stine Calls Feeding Frenzy, Two-Hour Closure of First White Castle in Las Vegas a ‘True Horror’
- Queens Noodle Powerhouse Mu Ramen is Looking for an Executive Sous Chef
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: Parma, an East Side Survivor
- Chubby Noodle Restaurant Files Trademark Lawsuit Against Fat Noodle Restaurant
Southern expats (or you know, those living beyond the reaches of the Cracker Barrel kingdom) might be able to get their biscuits, grits, and country ham fixes at home sometime soon, maybe even on the West Coast.
Business Wire reports that Cracker Barrel has teamed up with the John Morrell Food Group (of Smithfield) to create a Cracker Barrel product line, so avid fans can recreate "the Cracker Barrel experience" with items like "ham, bacon, assorted lunch meats, glazes, jerky, and summer sausage."
No word on whether the product line will include their biscuits and grits, or the kitschy home décor items that grace the walls of Cracker Barrels everywhere, but if this means we can recreate their chicken and dumplings, it might be worth a shot? Now if only all the candies they sell at the retail store, plus all those rocking chairs, can be found at our local grocery stores as well...
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts