- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Of Course Barclays Center Is Getting a Shake Shack
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- B&H Dairy Launches Crowdfunding Campaign to Reopen After East Village Explosion
- Andaz Maui’s Ka’ana Kitchen Offers a Bevy of Morning Options
- The 35 Best Sandwich Shops in America
- McDonald’s Japan Tries Open Kitchen Concept
- Stranger Takes Care of Family’s Restaurant Bill After 2-Year-Old Child Throws a Temper Tantrum
Looks like the dining options in and around Barclays Center are getting a little more mainstream: Union Square Hospitality Group announced today that a new Shake Shack will open just down the street from the home of the Brooklyn Nets at 170 Flatbush Avenue.
As the second Brooklyn, N.Y., location for the expanding burger empire, the new outpost will be made with recycled and sustainable materials, with energy-efficient kitchen gear and lighting, a press release announces.
Tabletops will naturally be made from reclaimed bowling alley lanes from CounterEvolution; chairs and booths will be made with wood from the Forest Stewardship Council.
Of course, Barclays Center can definitely hold its own when it comes to dining establishments: L&B Spumoni Gardens, Calexico, and more Brooklyn-centric restaurants already own the Barclays dining arena. But of course, an extra burger and shake joint within walking distance of the arena can't hurt. A representative promises location-specific custard concretes, along with all the classics, so we'll be holding our breath for a Jay-Z-inspired concrete.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts