Cork and Pork Festival Hosts Barbecue Championship
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Pit masters are firing up their grills for the state championship barbecue showdown at the Cork and Pork Festival in Covington, Va. June 29 – 30.
The barbecue competition is divided into pork, ribs, brisket, and chicken and the winner advances to The American Royal in Kansas City.
Olde Town Covington has teamed up with the Kansas City Barbecue Society to host the cook-off, which also includes a wine tasting and entertainment. The Kansas City Barbeque Society sanctions and judges over 350 barbeque competitions in 44 states across the United States each year.
Area wineries and vineyards like Blue Ridge Vineyards, Sans Soucy Vineyards, and Attimo Winery are showcasing their vintages at a wine tasting event. A $10 ticket includes the chance to sample wines from Well Hung Vineyards, MountainRose Vineyards, Virginia Mountain Vinyards, and Beliveau Estates Vineyards.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts