- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Cork and Pork Festival Hosts Barbecue Championship
Recipe of the day
- 620 Square Miles of Food Celebration and Conservation in Milan
- Disney World’s 2015 Epcot Food & Wine Festival Details Are Finally Released
- A Peek at the Relais & Châteaux Gourmet Festival at Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Tokyo's Robot Restaurant Puts Cat Cafes to Shame
- Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015: An Overview
Pit masters are firing up their grills for the state championship barbecue showdown at the Cork and Pork Festival in Covington, Va. June 29 – 30.
The barbecue competition is divided into pork, ribs, brisket, and chicken and the winner advances to The American Royal in Kansas City.
Olde Town Covington has teamed up with the Kansas City Barbecue Society to host the cook-off, which also includes a wine tasting and entertainment. The Kansas City Barbeque Society sanctions and judges over 350 barbeque competitions in 44 states across the United States each year.
Area wineries and vineyards like Blue Ridge Vineyards, Sans Soucy Vineyards, and Attimo Winery are showcasing their vintages at a wine tasting event. A $10 ticket includes the chance to sample wines from Well Hung Vineyards, MountainRose Vineyards, Virginia Mountain Vinyards, and Beliveau Estates Vineyards.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts