The Coolest (and Nerdiest) Coffee Video You'll Ever See
Dan Streetman of Irving Farm Coffee explains what to expect when purchasing different kinds of coffee
Today on The Daily Meal
- The End of the World Is Near: The Last Margarita (and Other Drinks) You'll Ever Need
- World's Strongest Coffee Has 200 Percent More Caffeine, Promises You'll Love It
- What's the Best Cup of Coffee You've Ever Had?
- You'll Never Guess What the Leading Brand of Coffee Is
- The Best-Tasting (and Healthiest) Bottled Iced and Green Teas
Trust us, who gets the award for most awesome coffee video is highly contested here (especially with that video of the physics of coffee and cream). But everyone deserves to watch what we might call "coffee porn" — beautiful coffee beans roasted to perfection — in this new documentary about specialty coffee roasters. [slideshow:
Eater shares the video from Blue Bottle Coffee Co., Handsome Coffee Roasters (in Los Angeles), and LAMILL Coffee, which tells the story from bean to roast. That includes flavor profiles (lemons? blackberries?), roasting, grinding, to cupping. Said one roaster of the "journey" of the bean, "It's like getting to know a person... it's the same thing with a cup of coffee."
To really get an idea of where your coffee comes from, watch the full 12-minute documentary from Thrash Lab's Subculture Club — it may or may not get you dreaming about your 4 p.m. coffee run. (You can also watch The Daily Meal's discuss premium coffee versus store-bought coffee with another of our favorite roasters, Irving Farm.)
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts