Every day, The Daily Meal rounds up stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Pickling doesn't have to take a long time: Elephantine demonstrates how to quickly pickle red onions for a spicy kick. [Elephantine]
• For a French classic, throw some shallots and butter together with white wine for a quick sauce to go with mussels. [Simply Recipes]
• Still have a box of Thin Mints laying around? You won't regret it — a Thin Mint milkshake is a new take on the tried-and-true. [Amateur Gourmet]
• Oatmeal + bananas + strawberries + cream = a slice of heaven, perfect for a lazy Saturday morning. [How Sweet It Is]
• For something on the lighter side, mix up an apple walnut salad with a new twist: jalapeños. [FatFree Vegan]