Cookie Casa Bakery Opening in Los Angeles
Recipe of the day
- Seattle Welcomes Canal Market: A Modern Mercantile
- Is Shake Shack Working on a Chicken Sandwich? Signs Point to Yes
- KFC Launches a Bluetooth Tray That Doubles as a Smart Device and a Food Transporter
- Former Food Network Chef Sued for Playing Marvin Gaye Too Loudly in His Restaurant
- Capital One Is Opening a Café Concept with Mobile Tellers in New York City’s Union Square
Cookie Casa Bakery, which for the past 11 years has developed a following among agencies and studios for its high-quality delivered baked goods, will be opening up a Mid-City storefront on February 13th.
Launched by chef Erin Zabel out of a commercial kitchen space in 2002 as a made-to-order bakery, Cookie Casa has since grown in prestige and reputation since then, and is now considered among the city’s finest, catering to agencies and film studios and appearing in pop-up shops throughout the city.
At Cookie Casa, it’s the homestyle, simple things that have received the most attention. Zabel and her team have perfected recipes for chocolate chip cookies, double chocolate brownies, chocolate chip cake with vanilla frosting, and molasses ginger sandwich cookies (based on a recipe from Zabel’s grandmother), and a variety of gift boxes will allow for sampling a variety of offerings. Pies and bars (including their famous Crack Bars) will also be available. There will also be several Valentine’s Day-themed offerings available.
The shop will be opening at 8116 Beverly Boulevard, in the former Doughboys Bakery location.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts