Conchigliette with Potatoes, Mint, and Grape Tomatoes
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Pound conchigliette
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 Pound Yukon Gold potatoes, diced finely
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1/4 Cup grated Grana Padano
- Foil-Baked Salmon with Mango, Chile, and Lime
- Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Cucumber
- Grilled Swordfish Sliders
- Cinnamon-Scented Millet with Grilled Summer Vegetables
- Penne with Cherry Tomatoes and Zucchini Blossoms
- Grilled Swordfish with Thai Dipping Sauce
- Bacon and Jarlsberg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 'No-Name' Hot Dog
- Grilled Fish with Watermelon Salsa
Here's a pasta recipe that's a bit of a departure from the usual. Little cubes of Yukon Gold potato, just cooked through with plenty of bite left, combine with miniature pasta shells, sweet grape tomatoes, and mint for a lovely main dish.
See all tomato recipes.
Combine the tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic in a 10-inch fry pan and simmer over low heat until the tomatoes begin to break down, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta until al dente. At the same time, combine the chicken stock and potatoes in another 10-inch fry pan and cook over high heat until just cooked, about 13-15 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and reserve the chicken stock until the pasta is done. Drain the pasta, and in a large bowl, toss with the tomatoes, potatoes, mint, and cheese, and add the chicken stock as needed to loosen the sauce.
Calories per serving:487 calories
Dietary restrictions:High Fiber Egg Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added