The aPorkalypse Now Pork & Craft Beer Festival
Today on The Daily Meal
- New Jersey Brews Up Its Fourth Annual Beer & Food Festival
- Eat like an Olympian at the International Food Truck & Beer Festival
- A Look Ahead at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2012
- South Beach Wine & Food Festival's Food Trucks on Midtown's Tracks
- Cancún-Riviera Maya Wine & Food Festival: March 15-18
The name of this festival alone, aPorkalypse Now, should give you a tickle. In its second year, at the festival hogs will be prepared snout-to-tail by New York City chefs and served with 20 local craft beers. It is also timed well for the sudsy NYC Craft Beer Week.
Taking place in Queens, it is a limited event on Saturday, March 2, 2013 in two sessions, from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
The food is from nearby farmers and the hogs are organically fed. These heritage pigs will certainly make the trip out to Queens worth it, on top of some homebrew and cask ale treats to incent you.
"Get Real Beer and the aPorkalypse is an event set up to support and bring many New York state breweries together under one roof for one day," says Get Real CEO Patrick Donagher. "A true celebration of farm and brewery."
Pork and beer pairings will be featured in the coming of the aPorkalypse. It may not really be the end of the world, but you might as well eat and drink like it is.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts