Coleslaw with Apples and Mint Recipe
- ½ head green cabbage, sliced into thin strips
- ½ head red cabbage, sliced into thin strips
- 2 apples, preferably gala, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 sprig of mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
A fresh, slightly Asian-inspired twist on traditional mayo-filled coleslaw, this recipe provides just the right amount of crunch and flavor. Sweet apples help balance out the tanginess of the limes, while the brightness of the mint adds an extra layer of depth.
This recipe is great for tailgating because it can be made ahead and then dressed right before you head to the game (try to add the apples at the last minute too, so that they don't brown).
In a large serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients, and seasoning with salt as necessary. Allow to sit for at least 10-15 minutes or up to a few hours to allow the acidity of the lime work into the raw cabbage.
Calories per serving:87 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Sodium Low Potassium, Kidney Friendly, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added