Coconut Oil: Vita Coco Launches New Product
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
Good news for coconut aficionados: Vita Coco, a brand known for making fresh, high-quality, and never-from-concentrate coconut water popular in the United States, is adding a new product to their line — coconut oil.
Coconut oil, touted for its many health benefits — it’s good for your hair and skin, it is believed to boost brain function, and it may help you burn more fat (to name a few) — is a key ingredient in a number of beauty treatments, can be taken as a dietary supplement, and is easy to cook with. Coconut oil is a delicious alterative to unhealthy oils; you can use it to add a subtle coconut flavor to your baked goods, sautéed foods, and stir-fry dishes.
Vita Coco’s coconut oil, which is USDA organic-certified, 100 percent raw, and cold-pressed for optimal flavor, aroma, and nutrition, will be available this month in 18-ounce PET jars on Amazon.com for $13.95. It will also be available in 14-ounce glass jars in the cooking oil and beauty sections of national natural specialty retailers.
For more information about Vita Coco or their coconut oil, visit their website.
Kristie Collado is The Daily Meal's Cook Editor. Follow her on Twitter @KColladoCook.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts