Coconut-Crusted Haddock with Curried Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Teaspoons canola oil
- 2 Teaspoons honey
- 1 Teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 Pound haddock or cod fillets
- 1/2 Cup roughly grated unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 Cups panko-style breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons apricot fruit spread or preserves, melted
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Whole Foods Market Ginger Spice Sugar Cookies
- Whole Foods Market Molasses Gingerbread Cookies
- Spiced Peanut Butter Cookies
- Grilled Flat Iron Tortas
- Cedar Grilled Flat Iron Steaks with Coffee Rub
- Grilled Sausages with Maple-Glazed Fruit
- Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs
- Kielbasa Apple Kabobs
- Dry-aged Steaks with Grilled Salsa
Use sole or flounder fillets to make this main course, too. Serve with sautéed spinach or kale on the side. The pumpkin seeds can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Stir together oil, honey, curry powder, cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl. Add pumpkin seeds and toss to coat. Transfer seeds to prepared baking sheet, spreading out as evenly as possible and bake, tossing occasionally, until toasted and fragrant, 12 to 14 minutes. Set aside to let cool, then peel pumpkin seeds away from foil, separate with fingers, if needed, and transfer to a bowl.
Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees. Arrange fish fillets in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with lightly oiled foil; set aside. Combine coconut, breadcrumbs, butter, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
Stir together apricot spread and lime juice in a small bowl, then brush over the top of each fish fillet. Pat breadcrumb mixture onto each fillet and bake until just cooked through and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to plates, top with curried pumpkin seeds and serve.
Calories per serving:572 calories
Dietary restrictions:High Fiber Egg Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free
Have a question about nutritional data? Let us know.