- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Coca-Cola to Make Beauty Drink for French Women (as If They Need It)
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- The Viral Infographic Showing What a Can of Coca-Cola Does to Your Body Was Inaccurate
- Another Almond Milk Brand Is Facing a Lawsuit for Not Using Enough Almonds
- Tired of Fruitless Searching? Now You Can Order a Personalized ‘Share a Coke With…’ Bottle
- 10 Fruits to Add to Your Water That Will Totally Benefit Your Body
- This Miracle Drink Could Ensure That You Never Get a Hangover Again
It's the kind of news that makes you pause, shake your head a bit, and check again to see if you really read that right: Coca-Cola is now developing a beauty drink with a French drugmaker, claiming it will strengthen hair, improve skin, and help with weight loss. Wait, really?
Certain French markets can expect to see the Beautific Oenobiol brand in pharmacies, report Reuters and the Daily Mail. If all goes well, the drinks could then expand to more European countries. The drugmaker, Sanofi, already produces a number of beauty tonics and supplements.
The drinks, reports the Wall Street Journal, will be a blend of mineral water, fruit juice, and nutrition additives. And of course, they'll tout the same benefits as other beauty drinks: better skin, better hair, better nails, and easier weight loss.
Of course, it's not all good news: The announcement was leaked by the labor union at Sanofi, which claims that the company was boasting about the new drinks, while it planned to reduce its workforce by 900 employees.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts