- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Clinton Kelly on Holiday Entertaining
The Chew Co-Host gives his tips
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 9 Delicious Cheeseburger Recipes for Your Last Summer Cookout
- 3 Tips for Grilling Burgers This Labor Day Weekend
- An Over-the-Top Burger Bar for Your Labor Day Party
- Let Your Slow Cooker Do the Work While You Enjoy Your Guests:10 Hands-Off Recipes
- Beyond S'mores: 10 Toasted Marshmallow Recipes for Your Last Summer Cookout
Entertaining during the holidays can turn anyone into a grinch — everyone has high expectations and little time to pull off the perfect party. But Clinton Kelly, the co-host of The Chew and What Not to Wear, has some easy tips to make your party a standout without needing to go overboard.
His biggest tip is to start with what you’re wearing — looking good will make you feel good. He suggests that now is the time to go a bit over the top and let sequins and sparkle into your life. The next piece of advice centers around getting a bit crafty. Kelly suggests making some items like pine-cone place cards — simple items like this will make your event feel unique, but without too much stress. Lastly, he notes that the food should be comforting but not too heavy. Everyone wants familiar nostalgic dishes, but he suggests using the freshest ingredients possible.
For more from Clinton Kelly, watch the video above and try his Green Bean Casserole at home!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts