- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Chipotle May Raise Menu Prices in 2014
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Here’s How Much a Big Mac Would Cost Under a $15 Per Hour Minimum Wage
- The Best Cheesesteaks in Philadelphia Part 4: Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- America’s Healthiest Chain Restaurants: Protein Bar
- America’s Healthiest Chain Restaurants: Sweetgreen
- Lubins-N-Links: A Delicious Culinary Invention in Tarrytown
Beware Chipotle lovers, there may be an across-the-board price increase in 2014, according to Reuters.
Chipotle founder and CEO Steve Ells announced during an investor conference call that next year menu prices may increase anywhere from 3 percent to 5 percent. The reason for this is because they have to keep up with the price increase of California avocados and salsa. In addition, non-GMO meats, cooking oil, and tortillas can be costly.
Why are people so in love with the fast-food Mexican grill? Their menu offers burritos, burrito bowls, crispy tacos, soft tacos, salads, chips and guac, and a kid’s menu where you can customize your toppings. Chipotle caters to carnivores, vegetarians, and those looking to eat light. The prices vary depending on how many toppings you wish to have.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts