- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Chile Bans Happy Meal Toys and More News
Recipe of the day
- Is This the Craziest Thing Someone Has Done for Free Food?
- This Drunk Guy Accidentally Bought More Than $500 Worth of Pizza for Strangers
- What’s It Like to Fly on Qatar Airways Business Class? Hint: It’s the Lap of Luxury
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
- Whole Foods Market’s Stock Drops, Does Not Meet Third-Quarter Earning Expectations
The Daily Meal's Media Mix brings you the biggest news around the food world.
Chile Bans Fast-Food Toys: Chile will no longer allow toys in children's fast-food meals, especially at McDonald's, KFC, and Burger King. [Huffington Post]
Caviar Crackdown Worked: Fifteen years ago, groups moved to push for more ethical caviar; now, people in the industry say the regulations worked. [New York Times]
IHOP Chain Faces Cut: Among 100 jobs cut, the president of IHOP, Jean Birch, will be stepping down. [Nation's Restaurant News]
Bartender Won't File Charges Against Cuba Gooding Jr.: The New Orleans bartender at Old Absinthe House says the actor pushed him; police issued an arrest warrant for misdomeanor charges. [Washington Post]
Climate Change Affecting World's Oysters: The Pacific Northwest's supply of oysters has been affected by climate change, scientists say. The count of oysters from the region has dramatically dropped. [NPR]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts